Configs.eu is a unique project that collects player’s configs of several games such as Battlefield Bad Compandy 2, Battlefield 3, Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Callof Duty 4, Counter-Strike 1.6, CS:GO, Counter-Strike: Source, Quake Live, Team Fortress 2, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Unreal Tournament 2004. Our configs are from the best players, who competitions on the biggest lan events and win thousands of Euros. There are also configs from players, who uploaded it themselves.
Each player has in a folder of the game a file with the .cfg of the end, called config. It is an identification file of each players, which includes all the game setting – for example graphical settings, various details, binds, mouse sensitivity, brightness and also a keyboard setting for the game.
The best players already playing it for some time and their games are very well versed. So usually tune their game according to your tastes, whether they play a much more comfortable and easier. This of course leads to much better performance than that give ordinary players. If you have a weak PC, you can download some FPS configs, which will remove all consuming elements of the game (shadow, sun, details, ..) and then the game will run much more smoothly. If you play longer, you can have a favorite player. Then there is no problem to find it on Configs.eu and play quite the same as he what he refers to a setting.
Once you have chosen some configs and download and then just rename it to config_mp.cfg for Call of Duty series, or config.cfg for Counter-Strike 1.6 and Counter-Strike: Source.
- Most of the configs is already on site with the extension .cfg, so just rename the title. However occasionally there are configs in the archive (.rar) that first you have to unpack.
- Extensions do not see, because your operating system can be configured to hide known extensions.
Then just overwrite the original config that you have in the game. The path to these files by default is this:
- Battlefield 3 – C:\User\YOUR PROFILE\My Documents\Battlefield 3\settings\user.cfg
- Call of Duty 1 – C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 1\main\players\YOUR PROFILE
- Call of Duty 2 – C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\players\YOUR PROFILE
- Call of Duty 4 – C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 – Modern Warfare\main\profiles\YOUR PROFILE
- Counter-Strike 1.6 – C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YOUR PROFILE\counter-strike\cstrike
- CS:GO– C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
- Counter-Strike: Source – C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YOUR PROFILE\counter-strike source\cstrike
- Quake Live: – C:\documents and settings\YOUR PROFILE\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3
- Team Fortress 2: – C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YOUR PROFILE\team fortress 2\tf\cfg
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory – C:\Prgram Files\Enemy Territory\etmain\profiles\YOUR PROFILE\etconfig.cfg
Once you overwrite the original config, you have mastered everything and since you play with the settings from the player, whose the config you have downloaded.